Fort McMurray Dental Services
Everyone Deserves a Healthy
Fort McMurray Family Dentists
To a dentist, cavities are known as tooth decay and caries. Cavities are permanently damaged spots in your teeth’s hard surface creating an opening or hole. Unhealthy eating, continuous snacking and not cleaning your teeth well will result in cavities. Tooth decay is among the world’s most common health problems and can lead to severe aching in your teeth, infections and teeth loss if left untreated.
We want to help you avoid these problems through these preventative measures.
For Dental Cavities
● Visit us regularlyHave Questions? Let’s Chat | (866) 513-0847Request Appointment
● Consider getting dental sealants
● Drink tap water as it contains fluoride
● Rinse your mouth
● Brush your teeth with fluoride toothpaste after drinking or eating
● Combine treatments like prescription fluoride and an antibacterial rinse with xylitol-based chewing gum
Signs & Symptons
Of A Dental Cavity
Fort McMurray Family Dental(780) 790-0088
● Mild to sharp pain while drinking something sweet, hot or cold or eating
● Toothache, random pain or a pain occurring without apparent cause
● Pain when you bite down
● Sensitivity in your teeth
● Brown, black or white staining on the surface of your teeth
● Visible pits or holes in your teeth
Cavities sneak their way into your mouth without you realizing it. It is important for you to avoid certain factors that put your teeth at higher risk for cavities.
Factors Increasing The Risk of Cavities
● Lots of snacking and sipping causing your teeth to wear down
● Food that clings to your teeth for a long period of time like honey and hard candy
● Teeth that are harder to keep clean like back teeth (molars and premolars)
Young children and teenagers or older adults
● Feeding your infants during bedtime or when toddlers wander around drinking from a sippy cup or from bottles with liquids containing sugar
● Dry mouth
● Heartburn causes dentin attack
● Fillings and dental devices, easier for plaque build-up in certain zones that are hard to get to
● Eating disorders causing acid in your stomach to interfere with your production of saliva
● Not enough fluoride being used
*Note that plaque builds on your teeth within 20 minutes of eating so make sure you brush that away
Tooth Decay Treatments
● Root Canals
Visit our Fort McMurray location to meet your new dentist.
Chat With Us Today!
Franklin Dental Centre (866) 513-0847
Open on Saturday and during the week nights, we can book you in for a dental appointment when most offices will be closed. Our friendly staff will provide you with a personalized dental experience, taking care of your tooth and gum needs. Our certified professionals will accommodate sedation requirements during your procedure to help get rid of those nerves. Get Directions
At Franklin Dental, there is no need to worry once your appointment is complete because we follow the 2019 Alberta Dental Fee Guide so your dental experience can be an affordable venture.
201 - 8706 Franklin Avenue
Fort McMurray, AB
Fill Out The Form Below
We Will Contact You Shortly
Fort McMurray Family Dentists
Currently, we are taking on new patients and want you to be the next one. Call us to book your appointment with one of our dental personnel. When visiting Franklin Dental for the first time, you can expect a comprehensive oral exam and x-rays.
We will walk through our assessment of your teeth and gums, then discuss future treatments that are individually suited to you. You will leave Franklin Dental with a confident, proud smile.